Thursday, September 8, 2011

More than a pretty face...

This morning Avery and I were able to go to one of our favorite restaurants before school.  Seriously, nothing beats a chocolate chip waffle from Waffle House. They also have pretty decent coffee. Avery and I both love mornings that we get to spend at Waffle House.  The folks that work there know her by name and automatically know what she plans on ordering.  This morning, however, we arrived at Waffle House at 6:30 am, which was before our usual cooks and servers arrive to begin their shift. 

One waitress went on and on telling us how she thought Avery was a beautiful girl. Avery hears this often and unfortunately she doesn't always respond appropriately.  This particular lady went and got another waitress so she could see Avery.  There they both stood just calling Avery pretty.  Sometimes these moments are awkward for me and I can tell Avery gets tired of this....I mean come on, she really is more than a pretty face.

However, this morning I couldn't help but laugh.  While both women were going on and on talking about Avery's looks, the first waitress turned to me and asked "She is your daughter isn't she?".  "Yes, she is" I responded.  The waitress replied, "Yep, I could tell....she looks just like you!!"

So does that make me pretty?  Am I that beautiful?  It must be so.....

Until next time!
Ginger

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is so. You and April are the reason that Avery is who she is, and the reason that so many people love her. You are beautiful, your daughter is beautiful, and your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete